Thursday, August 07, 2014
New Counsel at Moscow office
Sergei is a Russian-qualified lawyer with extensive experience in M&A transactions, joint ventures and general corporate matters.
Prior to joining Ivanyan & Partners in 2014, Sergei worked in the Moscow office of Herbert Smith Freehills law firm.
Sergei has advised foreign and domestic clients on various aspects of acquisitions of shares of public and private companies, creation of joint ventures and general corporate issues.
Sergei has advised clients in upstream and downstream oil and gas, mining, transportation and other industries.
Representative transactions include advising
- Chinese petrochemical corporation Sinopec on its USD 3.7bn acquisition of Udmurtneft, a Russian oil producer, from TNK-BP and the associated leveraged buyout and joint venture with Rosneft;
- Eurasian Natural Resources Corporation (ENRC) on the acquisition of shares in Serov ferro-alloy plant and the subsequent mandatory public offer and squeeze-out of minority shareholders;
- DTEK Holdings Limited on acquisition of 100% of shares in three coal mining companies operating in the Rostov region of Russia;
- a Japanese natural resources and metals corporation on several long-term oil field exploration and development joint ventures in Russia;
- the Corporation for the development of the Samara region on attracting a private investor for the project for new construction, reconstruction, modernisation and operation of the Kurumoch International Airport in Samara;
- a Russian natural resources company in connection with a reverse take-over and listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
In addition to his native Russian, Sergei is fluent in English.